answers to prayers
answers to prayers
E woke up at 4:30 this morning.
I was exhausted but as I picked her up, she grabbed a strand of my hair and smiled.
That made up for the early wake up call.
Unfortunately once she was up, she did not want to go back to bed.
She laughed at me as I stared at her through the bars of her crib.
We listened to some guitar hymns that seriously quiets my brain from the hubbub of the day.
It didn't matter that it was 5:30 in the morning.
As I was sitting near E's crib, watching her look at me and laugh, I was overcome with emotion. I could not help but feel immense gratitude for the privilege that I have to be this little girl's mom.
Those toothy grins, belly laughs, and little babbles of "mamamaum" seriously make up for the lack of sleep.
Finally after 30 minutes of play, yawns began to form on her tiny face and eye rubs happened in between. I knew it was time for her to take a snooze. I laid her down in her crib, covered her with her blanket, and whispered just how much I loved her.
Sneaking out of her room, I realized just how grateful I am for prayers that are answered.
The night before I prayed that I would get to spend more time with E and in Heavenly Father's sense of humor, He gave me time at 4:30 in the morning.
Heavenly Father seems to bless us with answers to our prayers in moments when we least expect them.
I prayed to be led to my husband for months and it wasn't until Heavenly Father knew that I had finally accepted who I was and had settled for being alone when he blessed me with C.
I had prayed to have E when the time was right and Heavenly Father blessed her to come right before the lockdown due to COVID-19 got severe. Never would I have envisioned us having to spend the first two weeks of her life in the NICU but Heavenly Father knew that was what she and we needed.
I am so grateful for a loving God who answers prayers and teaches us things at the same time.
He always is listening even when we feel completely alone.
Comments
Post a Comment