time

 I love the weekends.

Honestly, they are what get me through the long work week. 

Being able to come home, kiss C, snuggle E (until she pulls my hair and pushes me away because she wants to play with her farm), and just be with them makes up for the rat race of the work week. 

Knowing that I will be able to be with C and E and not having any responsibilities to emails, or calls, or projects seriously makes me giddy. 

This past weekend we really didn't do anything too exciting. 

Oh E is practicing standing in her crib!

We mainly spent way too many hours watching Cobra Kai on Netflix. (That show is highly addicting but also full of some naughty words and sometimes too much violence -- my new mom heart sometimes breaks watching the children in the show kick each other in the face) We also stayed inside because it was snowing (bleh!) and way too cold to venture out -- when we did, we froze our hands, noses, and ears and then came back in and snuggled some more. I also made a chicken pot pie from scratch and needless to say I am very impressed with my baking abilities (when it comes to pies hahaha)


I also attempted to bake a practice cake for E's 1 year old birthday coming up in 6 weeks (!!!) I cannot believe that it will have been a year since she came into our lives. 

The cake was a fail visually but was tasty so we celebrated that victory and ate it joyously. 

Since E is born on Pi day however; I think I'll just make her a pie -- I'm much better at those in all seriousness. 

Honestly I can't even handle how fast time is flying. 

And other days its Monday and I'm sitting behind my computer wishing time would hurry up so I could go home to my cute Pinkham's. 

It's a huge dichotomy I tell ya. 

The fact that I want time to slow down and also speed up at the same time sure probably frustrates Heavenly Father or makes Him laugh. I think that most days He is just up there laughing at me as I pray for time to slow down and speed up at the same time. 

I sometimes wonder if He ever wishes time would speed up so that we could all be back in His presence so that He too could snuggle with us and tell us just how much He missed us. 

But I know that He is much more wise than I and has had an eternity of patience so He willingly waits for us to make mistakes, correct them, and continue on the covenant path. 

And in some cases, He weeps as we wander far away and don't show any sign of wanting to return. I think that seriously breaks His heart. 

But yet he patiently waits, cajoles us through other's efforts, and loves us as we are far away from Him. 

And that is why He is the perfect example of parenthood that I can only hope and strive to be someday. 

Just not today -- only an hour and a half until I see my cuties!  


Comments

Popular Posts