light in the darkness

Yesterday we had a blackout (power outage) for about 2 hours. 

It was honestly annoying and a little scary as  everything was put in limbo while we waited for the lights and power to come back on. 

I was in the middle of assembling our pate chinois (which is the Quebecois version of Shepherd's Pie) when the lights flickered twice and then a giant BOOM happened and the lights were officially gone. 

C quickly started rounding up some flashlights.

E was taking a nap so we ran up and grabbed her (needless to say she was pretty freaked out by there being no lights anywhere.

 My older sister S was upstairs so we all gathered around our 4 flashlights and waited for the lights to come back. (my younger sister K also lives with us but she was at a church class -- called Institute when this all went down)

We sat around while E attempted to play toys in the dark and I have to admit it got a little spooky for a minute. 

I started to slightly panic thinking that this power outage could go on all night and how were we going to bathe E in the dark and what about the heat which won't be able to be on while we sleep... 

Basically I would not have survived in the pioneer age. 

Luckily the power came on before we had to worry about any of that and I literally almost cried I was so happy.

. . .

After all that went down, I couldn't help thinking about the people who lived in 3 days of darkness after the death of the Savior. 

Literally there was no light. 

A Moment with Christ

You don't realize how dark life can be without light. 

I am so thankful we have a Savior who lights up the darkness.

I couldn't imagine doing life wondering where I was going. 

I love the scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants that says, "I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left and my Spirit shall be in your hearts and mine angels round about you to bear you up". (Doctrine and Covenants 84:88).

Grateful for the knowledge that the Savior really is the light of the world and that He will guide us through the darkness. 

xoxo, M

Comments

Popular Posts