a bad day
yesterday was a bad day.
it just was.
it is hard being a working mom who spends hours of her day away from the love of her life and the baby who makes her feel as though she has purpose.
I cried as I felt that the moments of tiny helplessness were slipping from me as my baby approaches her first birthday (!!! how is that even possible)
I couldn't properly express what I was feeling and wanted to curl up in a ball.
but then I had this overwhelming thought.
Christ is there in those bad days.
He is also there in those good days.
But most of the time we don't even recognize Him there.
Not even to mention how our Heavenly Father feels.
How sad he must feel as we grow and get bigger and develop into active human beings without us even recognizing that He is the parent that is away.
He doesn't always get to hear about the bad days. We sometimes don't let Him in for those.
That gave me so much comfort in knowing that Heavenly Father knows what it's like to be a working parent.
He knows what it's like to be away from your child/children.
To have to deal with an unbearable distance.
And knowing that the Creator and Ruler of All Things has been there seemed to make the day not so bad anymore.
Instead of wallowing in my absence, I will revel in being their for bedtime, and bath time, and dinner time.
To be able to dance in the kitchen with her
and show her the power behind her parent's unconditional love
and forgiveness.
That makes those hard winter days at a job which supports us but that drains me worth it.
xoxo, M

Comments
Post a Comment