snow and sunshine
It snowed yesterday.
I ended up having to drive 40 miles an hour on the freeway instead of the usual 75-80 mph because the roads were not plowed.
My morning commute took an hour instead of the usual 30 minutes.
And then the worst part was that the snow came and then within an hour and a half it was if there was no snow at all.
I couldn't believe it!
All that hubbub and issue to have the snow leave without even a sign of it being there.
…
I truthfully hate snow. Not because I don't enjoy seeing the world blanketed in white.
But because having lived, worked, and dealt with it in large abundance for 18 months in Canada, I feel like I have done my duty to the snow.
and truthfully I am counting down the days until Spring decides to poke it's head out and bless us with warmer weather and beautiful flowers.
I'm really a Summer gal to be honest.
I long for the days of sunshine, heat, and the glory of water sports and beach days.
But for now I will just pull on sweater after sweater, crank up the heat in the car, and wait for the snow and slush to peace out.
And then pray that C gets into PT School near a beach.
I would be so happy for that.
Happy Wednesday my friends!
I hope that by writing these small blog posts my future posterity will be able to see my weather preferences. And the other random thoughts and musings that happen inside my head on the daily. I truly do this so that my children E (and other future children) and their children can go back and see how I felt on a cold day in January and gain hope and strength in knowing that despite a random snow storm, I still have hope that God will bless me with sunny days and sunshine because He is constant and everchanging and I can rely on that.
xoxo, M
Comments
Post a Comment