Me and You - We are the SAME

hello!!!! sorry it's been a minute since I have posted last. But I am back! And I have some more insights that I wanted to share with you! Here's a cute picture to make you smile. :) (haha)


C and I had the amazing opportunity to go and see "The Other Side of Heaven 2: Fires of Faith" last night (because $5 Tuesdays are #fire). Anyways this week as I have done my "Come Follow Me", and after seeing that movie I have come to view an overarching theme that has been really present in my life and that has really touched my heart.

This week's lesson in Come Follow Me was in regards to Acts 10-15. In which Peter has the opportunity to go and teach the Gentiles. Now before this, the Gentiles had been viewed as unclean which therefore warranted them (under Jewish tradition) to not be worthy to receive the gospel (or any of the blessings therein). However, Peter receives this life changing revelation in which he has this vision revealed unto him about how "God is no respecter of persons". Thus not one person is better than the other. It's a pretty amazing story, go check it out. (Acts 10) Anyways I have been pondering that since Monday, and then last night as we were watching the movie, it struck me that throughout time there has always been some division among us as human beings. (Without giving anything away from the movie) In the movie, Kolipoki or John Groberg is back in Tonga amongst a completely different race. The majority of them love and respect him as they remember all the good that he did back when he was a young missionary. However, there is one person who resents him and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints entirely. There is one part where they are both individually going through an extreme trial, but it isn't until they reconcile their differences that they receive answers to their prayers.

It is amazing to me that Heavenly Father has been trying (throughout time) to reunite his children. It does not matter what religion we practice, or what we look like, or where in the globe we come from. He just wants us all to come back to Him. And by so doing, love our neighbor. It is not always easy as sometimes we experience pain and suffering from some individuals, but I can promise that as we strive to recognize that we are all children of God, we will be so blessed to come to love them.

I think in order to do this, we have to first complete the love hierarchy (which is similar to the service hierarchy). In which, we first have to love ourselves. If we do not love ourselves first, it will be near impossible to show love to others. We will spend the majority of time comparing ourselves, striving to outdo them in some respect or another, and we will ultimately grow to resent them instead of loving them. Second, we must love our family and those to whom we are close. We must first outwardly show our dear ones that we care and love them and then go out and spread that love. If we do all of these first, it will be second nature to love our neighbors. Because I love myself, I was able to love C and all of his differences from me. I did not try to spend all my time comparing myself to him but instead was able to respect and love him. (Even when he is literally way better at all things athletic than I am). And because I love C, I can easily love my neighbors (even when they sit outside on our porch for hours on end).

Ultimately choosing to love someone is not always that simple. It takes practice and small efforts everyday. I am still learning how to love C more and how to love those I come in contact with. It's a struggle. Especially when you get cut off at the Costco checkout line, or when people you work with blame you for someone else's carelessness, or even when someone you cared so deeply about doesn't want to be your friend anymore.But I know that with Heavenly Father's help we can learn to love and respect them even when we may not understand their actions. Kill them with kindness and then if that doesn't work, maybe go show them the cute picture of the puppies... puppies usually solve everything haha. But in all reality, just love one another. It makes life so much better.

He loves you!

go share some love today and let me know what you did in the comments below!

xoxo,
M

Comments

Popular Posts